Claybook is a unique world made entirely of clay. Everything acts like it's made of real clay. Every inch of the environment can be shaped and molded. Everything has matter inside it, not just an outer shell. Clay can be deformed, destroyed and frozen to solid.
In the game, you step into the shoes of brave kids who bring the Claybook to life. Each chapter of the book challenges you with unique obstacles and puzzles. You possess clay blobs and morph them into different shapes in order to overcome tricky situations. Each shape has its own strengths and weaknesses, some even have special powers.
* Play through challenging chapters by your self or with a buddy in split-screen (up to 4 players).
* Compete against others in the leaderboards.
* Bunch of achievements that challenges you to use the clay shapes and environment differently.
* A unique clay simulation and visualization technology that has been designed from ground up for user-generated content, making it easy for players
to unleash their creativity.
* Amazing in-game creation tool that lets you build your own books and chapters and share them with the Claybook community. You don't need any - technical skills or have modding experience, anyone can create and share directly inside the game without hassle.
* Discover and play new community creations directly inside the game. All of the creations are small in size which makes the discovering and playing smooth experience even with a slower network.
Claybook is powered by our in-house developed technology called Clayfield. Using this technology we can render and simulate rich volumetric clay environments. Clayfield makes new kind of user generated content possible. Players can unleash their creativity without having to worry about the technical details. Our technology is designed for butter smooth 60 fps gameplay on PC and consoles.
Clayfield technology has been built on top of the Unreal Engine 4.
Claybook is developed by Second Order, an independent game studio based in Helsinki, Finland. The studio was founded in October 2015 by Sebastian Aaltonen and Sami Saarinen, two veteran game developers behind the Trials game series (web games, 2, SE, HD, Evolution & Trials Fusion™). We had many roles and responsibilities over the years. Before starting our new journey with our own company Sebastian was the Senior Lead Programmer and Sami was the Technical Art Director of the Trials core team.
Claybook is being developed by a small team of three developers. Our team has over 30 years of professional game development experience on six platforms (including PC, Microsoft Xbox® and Sony PlayStation®).